What is Co-Managed IT?
Managing the resources of your company can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to IT. From hardware to team members’ salaries, IT costs can quickly add up, leaving you with limited resources to allocate. As a Managed IT Service Provider, we at Commercial Networks Ltd understand the delicate balancing act of toeing the budget line while investing money into your IT infrastructure. We offer a wide range of services, including MDR, EDR, 365, 365 backups, patching, backup solutions, and more to take the IT stress off your plate.
However, even with our support, maintaining your IT infrastructure can still be a daunting task, particularly if you don’t have the right expertise in-house. That’s where co-managed IT steps in. Co-managed IT is a service where your MSP partners with your in-house IT to support your IT infrastructure. With co-managed IT, you get the comfort of having staff on-site while controlling how many in-house technicians you need. There’s no pressure to hire more and more people.
The goal of co-managed IT is to help your staff focus on what they do best. Our co-managed IT service providers supplement your team member’s skills by taking over the tasks your staff doesn’t specialise in. For example, if your team is struggling with maintaining your network’s cybersecurity or protecting your data, we can provide MDR and EDR services to help keep your systems safe. If your team is struggling to keep up with patches and updates, we can provide patching services to ensure your systems are up to date and secure. We also offer backup solutions to help protect your data and keep your business running in the event of a disaster.
Co-managed IT involves the collaboration between your current IT department and your MSP, and each co-managed IT contract will look different between each business. The best way to pinpoint the co-managed IT services you need is to see where your current IT is struggling. Some standard services provided by co-managed IT service providers are support in day-to-day tasks, such as troubleshooting, functioning as the help-desk for employees, upgrading software, and managing remote locations. Additionally, co-managed IT can provide supplementary or total cybersecurity protection, server maintenance, business application upgrades, cloud technologies, help with IT regulation compliance, and more.
Co-managed IT works best as a long-term partnership with your in-house technicians, and despite the flexibility of services, co-managed IT is meant for a specific set of businesses. The businesses that benefit the most from co-managed IT are those that want both in-house and external IT technicians. If your business has specialised needs or is growing rapidly, but your hiring rate can’t keep up, co-managed IT can provide an excellent solution. However, if you want to ultimately turn over your IT department to a third-party, you’re better off with managed IT services instead of co-managed IT.
In conclusion, co-managed IT is an excellent solution for businesses looking to relieve IT stress while maintaining control over their IT department. By partnering with your in-house IT and supplementing their skills with our services, we can help you optimise your IT infrastructure and improve your overall business efficiency. Whether you need MDR, EDR, 365, 365 backups, patching, backup solutions, or other IT services, we can provide the expertise and support you need to succeed.
The Main Pro’s
- Improved efficiency: By working collaboratively with the existing IT team or service provider, co-managed IT services can help streamline operations and improve overall efficiency.
- Better coverage: With additional support from a co-managed IT service provider, businesses can ensure that their IT needs are always covered, even during peak periods or when internal IT staff is unavailable.
- Access to specialised expertise: Co-managed IT providers often have experts with specialized skills and knowledge, which can help improve the overall IT capabilities of the business.
- Enhanced security: Co-managed IT providers can offer additional security measures such as endpoint detection and response, which can help protect the business from cyber threats.
- Reduced workload: By taking on some of the IT responsibilities, co-managed IT providers can help reduce the workload of the internal IT team, which can lead to improved work-life balance and reduced burnout.
Contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation about Co Managed IT services we offer.