You will no longer need to download the Quick Poll add-in from the store and manually install it in Outlook to create a poll .
- This will be gradually rolling this out to Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web (desktop) beginning in late March 2020.
- The rollout for Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web will be completed in late April.
Your Outlook for Mac, Outlook for Windows, and Outlook on the web (desktop) users will soon be able to create a poll within Outlook without needing to find-and-install an add-in.
- For Outlook for Mac, users will find Poll on the Message tab. After a user pins the add-in, it will appear under the contextual toolbar.
- For Outlook on the web, when users create a new email message, they can access the add-in under “…” > Poll.
- For Outlook for Windows, users can accessPoll either via Insert tab > Poll or via Options tab > Use Voting Buttons > Poll.
Note: Screen captures for each version of Outlook are at the bottom of this message.
Microsoft plan to withdraw the current Quick Poll add-in from the store in January 2021. They will send a communication through Message Center before the final retirement of the Quick Poll add-in.
Should Mac and Outlook on the web users not uninstall the Quick Poll add-in, the new add-in will be automatically installed when it is withdrawn from the store. When a user preemptively uninstalls the old add-in, the new Poll add-in will be automatically installed.What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
If your Mac users have downloaded the Quick Poll add-in, they will need to uninstall it at https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/ in order to use the pre-installed Poll add-in.
Please see the Additional information link to learn more about this feature.
User access to the Poll add-in
Outlook for Mac
Outlook on the web
Outlook for Windows